Advancing sustainable schools for all
April 8-9, 2019 | Saint Paul, Minnesota
Saint Paul RiverCentre
The Green Schools Conference & Expo is the only national event to bring together all the players involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build and teach in U.S. schools.
Two days of programming offer inspiring keynote speakers, informative workshops and breakout sessions and the chance to network with colleagues from across the country. In 2019, GSCE will be hosted in partnership with IMPACT, a regional sustainability conference.
For general questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainability is the foundation of GSCE x IMPACT. The GSCE x IMPACT sustainability program addresses environmental impact through seven objectives:
- Move toward a zero-waste event
- Increase stakeholder education and engagement
- Improve sustainable sourcing
- Improve performance tracking
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Positively impact communities
- Catalyze the advancement of green building initiatives and sustainable operations within the hospitality industry
GSCE x IMPACT 2019 is hosted at the Saint Paul RiverCentre, a LEED Silver facility. The event’s energy usage will be offset by Windsource®, a renewable energy program between the RiverCentre and Xcel Energy.
There are a few simple things attendees, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors can do to reduce your impact and create a more sustainable conference experience:
- Utilize and share digital resources in lieu of printed handouts, including programs, worksheets and collateral.
- Download and use the GSCE x IMPACT mobile app.
- Speakers are required share resources digitally in education sessions and within the exhibit hall.
- Carefully dispose of waste in the proper waste streams.
- Be conscious of energy and water use at your hotel and the venue where available.
- Draw your blinds while not using your hotel room.
- Turn off lights and adjust your thermostat when you leave your hotel room.
- Skip housekeeping services for the length of your stay.
- Reduce single-use containers by bringing a reusable water bottle, coffee mug and bag.
- Take public transportation, walk or bike to the venue.
Have other ideas on sustainable habits? Share them with us on Twitter @greenschoolscon and @USGBCMN with the hashtags #GSCE19 and #IMPACT19