The Green Schools Conference (GSC) is the only event to bring together all the players involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build and teach in schools. Attendees engage in skill building, participate in in-depth discussions and problem solving, and get inspired by speakers at the forefront of connecting sustainability, social justice, and education. This year the Green Schools Conference will convene in-person over three days of programming, featuring engaging peer-to-peer content and networking, inspiring keynotes, and interactive interdisciplinary education sessions.
The 2021 conference took place digitally in June 2021 over three consecutive half-days of programming. Learn more about the event.
GSC is presented by the Center for Green Schools at the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), in partnership with the Green Schools National Network (GSNN). The GSC Steering Committee and Program Working Group play an active role in the development and delivery of educational programming intended to meet GSC attendees' needs.
- Anisa Heming, Center for Green Schools at USGBC
- Jenny Seydel, Green Schools National Network
2021 Steering Committee
- Paul Bocko, Antioch University
- Jen Cirillo, Shelburne Farms
- Ryder Delaloye, Whitefish Public Schools
- Josh Douds, Centreville Elementary School
- Carmen Rae Finken, Green Iowa AmeriCorps
- Tashanda Giles Jones, Environmental Charter Schools
- Tresine Logsdon, Fayette County Public Schools
- Annie Perkins, Project Learning Tree
- Faye Snodgress, Kappa Delta Phi
- Liz Soper, National Wildlife Federation
- Tarachell Thomas, Pine Jog Elementary School