Photo credit: Aaron B. Hockley.
The Green Schools Conference (GSC) is now accepting interdisciplinary session proposals for the 2022 in-person conference, to be held in September.
Session proposals are due by 11:59 p.m. ET, Tuesday, May 3. Submit a session proposal.
GSC is the only national event to bring together all of the players involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build and teach in U.S. schools.
After last year’s virtual conference, GSC will return to an in-person event where the focus will be on educating, connecting and inspiring one another. Over the course of three days, attendees will explore interdisciplinary content during general sessions, while also having dedicated time with peers to work through specific challenges, share best practices and generate momentum to further green school actions across the country.
The 2022 program will address a range of topics related to sustainable schools, like environmental impact, health and well-being, sustainability literacy, and equity. Each session will feature an interdisciplinary team of presenters showcasing the intersection of these topics across a school, school district or community.
Additionally, the program will feature sessions that address these priority topics:
- Bridging justice, equity and sustainability in K–12 schools
- Finding outlets and education to deal with eco-anxiety, particularly in young people
- Climate leadership through building design, student engagement and policy
- Healthy and resilient schools
- Green workforce and leadership training/education
- Successful green school programs in historically excluded communities
We strive to build a program that is innovative and inspiring, and we hope you will consider taking part! Whether you are a teacher, school or district staff, educational leader, parent, student, building industry professional or nonprofit partner, we hope you will consider showcasing your successful green school strategies through this event.
How to participate
All complete proposals must be submitted through the GSC 2022 submittal site by May 3 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Be sure to consult the GSC Call for Proposals and Submittal Guide documents to determine where your proposal fits best and how it will be reviewed.
Application and review timeline
- April 12: Call for Proposals opens
- May 3: All proposals must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET
- May 12: Program review begins
- May 19: Program review ends
- Late May: Accepted session notifications are sent
- Early June: Presenter acceptance deadline and program announcement
- September: Green Schools Conference (exact dates forthcoming)
For questions regarding the GSC Call for Proposals, please email the Center for Green Schools.