We are now accepting session proposals and peer reviewer applications from experienced professionals in the areas of green schools, curriculum and education, district and school leadership, or sustainable design, construction, and operations for the 2021 Green Schools Conference (GSC).
Reviewer applications are due by 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, March 1. Apply to be a peer reviewer.
Session proposals are due by 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, March 8. Submit a session proposal.
About GSC 2021
GSC is the only national event to bring together all of the players involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build and teach in U.S. schools. From June 28 to 29, GSC will take place virtually over two half-days of education programming, including opportunities for attendees to share ideas and successful strategies, learn about potential partnerships, hear about new research and evidence-based program models, and discover tools, services, and products to help them succeed in creating schools that teach students about global sustainability—all in an environment that is healthy for them, for their communities and for the earth.
How to participate
All complete proposals must be submitted through the GSC 2021 submittal site by March 8 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to consult the GSC Call for Proposals and Submittal Guide documents to determine where your proposal fits best and how it will be reviewed.
Peer reviewers evaluate session proposals and help maintain the quality of sessions by identifying exceptional presentations.
To design this year’s event to be most responsive to the needs of the green school community, an additional call for speakers will be released in early February that highlights specific areas of expertise that are of particular interest and asks for individuals to be nominated to address them. This call for speakers will run simultaneously to the call for proposals and will be made available on the Green Schools Conference website.
Application and review timeline
- Tuesday, Jan. 26: Call opens for session proposals and peer reviewer applications
- Tuesday, Feb. 9: Call opens for speakers to apply for specific topic areas
- Monday, March 1: Deadline for peer reviewer applications
- Monday, March 8: Deadline for session proposal submissions and speaker applications
- Monday, March 8: Notifications sent for accepted peer reviewers
- Thursday, March 25: Round 1 peer reviewers must complete reviews of submissions
- Thursday, April 8: Round 2 peer reviewers must complete reviews of submissions
- Week of April 19: Notifications sent for accepted session proposals and speakers
For questions regarding the GSC Call for Proposals and Call for Reviewers, please email the Center for Green Schools.