The Green Schools Conference (GSC) is the only national event to convene the professionals involved in making green schools a reality: people who lead, operate, build and teach in U.S. schools. Over three days of in-depth topics, networking, memorable moments from inspirational sessions and keynote presentations, the green schools community will gain valuable connections and learning.
At the Sheraton New Orleans in Lousiana, from Feb. 27–March 1, 2023, the GSC is returning in person. Experience a new, immersive conference format designed to facilitate meaningful peer-to-peer conversations and engaging interdisciplinary learning.
Experience a new conference format that addresses today’s issues.
The impacts of the pandemic on education and green schools have been profound. In response, the Center for Green Schools at USGBC and the Green Schools National Network have intentionally designed the conference program to address the issues facing the green schools community.
The conference kicks off on Feb. 27 with two days of peer-to-peer-focused learning designed specifically for each stakeholder group contributing to the green schools movement:
- Educators and school leaders
- School district capital and facilities staff
- Non-school-based professionals interested in school design and construction
- Green schools advocates and government and community partners
Attendees will select one of four "Peer Cohort" tracks based on these stakeholder professional roles. Each track is carefully curated to meet the unique needs of its attendees and includes focused time to connect meaningfully with like-minded peers to fully leverage the collective knowledge within this community and develop insightful strategies. Learn more about the tracks.
As part of the peer-to-peer experience, on Feb. 28, attendees are invited to participate in Peer Cohort Dine-Arounds, where you can take in the amazing culinary backdrop New Orleans has to offer while making career-changing connections over a fun and engaging dinner.
GSC 2023 continues on March 1, offering a full day of interdisciplinary content and education sessions covering important topics like improving indoor air quality, reducing waste, advancing decarbonization, cultivating environmental literacy, improving districtwide partnerships, implementing social and emotional health strategies, and amplifying student-led climate action initiatives.
Additional programming on March 1 includes a keynote presentation, the Best of Green Schools Awards Luncheon and a closing reception. Attendees will also have the chance to reconvene in their Peer Cohort learning groups before the conference concludes.
Register by January 13 to take advantage of early bird rates.
Registration is now open for individuals and groups for the 2023 GSC. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and network with educational leaders, green building professionals, nonprofit, government and community partners who are passionate about the future of green schools.
The GSC 3-Day Experience Pass provides access to two days of peer-to-peer learning experiences, one full day of interdisciplinary education, networking activities, awards, luncheons, receptions, a Peer Cohort Dine-Around, and inspirational main stage moments. During registration, select from one of the following Peer Cohort learning groups curated specifically for your professional role.
- Green School Advocates, Government and Community Partners: Designed for nonprofit, local, state and federal governmental organizations, as well as general community advocates supporting green schools.
- School District Capital and Facilities Staff: Suited for PreK–12 school and district-level staff responsible for sustainability, environmental health and capital planning. A valid school email address and appropriate job title or position is required for registration.
- School Design and Construction Professionals (non-school-based): Tailored to green building professionals in design, construction, engineering, manufacturing, technical or consultant roles, or those studying in these fields.
- Educator and School Leaders: Created for formal educators, school and district leaders, and school district staff interested in strategic planning for whole school/district sustainability. A valid school email address and appropriate job title or position will be required for registration.
Discounted room rates are available for GSC attendees at the conference hotel.
GSC has negotiated a special room rate of $229 per night (plus taxes and fees) at the Sheraton New Orleans for stays from Feb. 27–March 1, 2023. Reserve your room online before Feb. 6 to ensure your place at the conference host hotel.
Demonstrate your support of green schools by participating as a GSC sponsor.
GSC sponsors enjoy unique opportunities to engage with our exclusive audience as they emerge stronger and more strategic post-pandemic. Download the prospectus and schedule a meeting to learn how you can enjoy prominent branding, engage with sustainability leaders and elevate your organization’s thought leadership.
For more information, visit the conference website or contact us.